The Sexual Health and Harm Reduction Team within Manchester Public Health Development Service provide generic training on all aspects of sexual health, sexual health promotion, harm reduction and relevant related areas.
The training is provided across 3 areas:
- On-site bespoke training
- Our city-wide Multi-agency Training Programme
- Training with HMP Manchester
The overall aims of the Sexual Health and Harm Reduction Team training programme are:
- To ensure that front line staff have access to education around sexual health
- To expand the knowledge of front line staff in sex, sexual health, harm reduction and relationship education by delivering a range of training
- To develop a consistent citywide approach amongst front line workers on sex, sexual health, harm reduction and sex and relationship education
- To deliver core health promotion/prevention messages to prisoners as part of a Healthy Prisons Programme
All training courses are free at the point of delivery to people working in health related fields in Manchester.
Please view the PHDS Training Programme 2012/13.